Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas City

Well, my fiancé and I have made it to Pennsylvania! We're visiting my family now though the 26th (when we'll attend my 10 year high school reunion, gasp!) and then we'll head back north to visit with his family for a few days. Today, we visited the neighboring town of Bethlehem, which transforms itself into Christmas City every December.  Bethlehem is home to the world's oldest continuously operation bookshop, the Moravian Bookshop, which opened in 1745. The town also hosts a Christkindlemart, but we didn't have time to explore that market too!


While I'm traveling, I won't be cooking as much but don't worry... I have a backlog of recipes so they will keep coming! In the meantime though, feel free to peruse these recipes that look just great. In fact, I am now inspired to try to make a chestnut loaf... the recipe's not there, but the ingredients gave me the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment