Friday, November 1, 2013

Super Simple Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

Happy Friday! And happy November! Today I'm sharing a really simple and tasty peanut butter cookie recipe. This was created because my fiancé is nutritionally picky and I wanted to make a treat that he would feel good about eating while studying during the week. I wanted to avoid adding oil and refined sugar as well as keep the ingredients to a minimum. Because of the healthy fats in peanut butter, the added oil is not missed at all! The result is a cookie that is made with even, easily rememberable quantities of 5 ingredients we almost always have on hand. The cookies also have that magic fresh-from-the-oven texture that always eluded me when I was a fledgling baker in high school: they are crispy around outside with a soft and chewy center, even days after they've cooled.


Super Simple Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

1c peanut butter
1c dark brown sugar
1c whole wheat flour
1/2t baking soda
1/2c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Use an electric mixer to cream the peanut butter and sugar. Beat in flour & baking soda, then the almond milk. Grease a cookie sheet. Form the dough into ~1 inch balls and push down onto baking sheet to flatten. Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly darker than the center. Enjoy!

(I know... many of you are allergic to peanuts and wheat so today's recipe is sadly not for you. But I promise a great treat is coming for next Friday!)

2 comments: