Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weekend Adventures

My fiance and I finally went on a very legit fall foliage hike! I've been wanting to go on a foliage hike since last fall, but of course we only had time for one low key hike during foliage season since I was working on that pesky little thing called my doctoral thesis... it took some time, you know. For whatever reason,  the locals call it "leaf peeping" here in New England. Fall foliage hike sounds more legit. The only bad part about the hike were the throngs leaf peepers cluttering up the trails and views.

Anyways, we traveled north to Mt. Major on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. From close up, it seemed that we had missed peak by a week, but from afar, the photos look pretty good!





Today's share is this amazing looking Vegan Pumpkin Scone recipe I've been eye-balling. I haven't had a chance to make them yet (so they may not taste as good as they look) but if you know me personally... you know that I LOVE scones. They are my absolute favorite treat. Probably because they go well with coffee and I love coffee too. It took me two full years in college to perfect my scone recipe: scones are pretty tricky. I really like a dry, flaky inside and most scones come out to moist for me. Unfortunately my "perfect" scone recipe includes shortening, which my fiance told me he would not eat. (Personally, I'm not that offended by it. It's mostly just soybean oil.) So I am on the hunt again. Probably in the near future I will do some more research on trans fatty acid-free shortening to see if it makes the cut and if it does, I'll make up a batch and share my favorite scone recipe.

Thanks for reading! More great recipes coming this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment