Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Adventures

This weekend has been really amazing! Upon arrival, we were whisked to Point of Rocks MD where we spent a day and a half helping my fiancé's brother set up. The location was beautiful and  with some hard work and great vision from the bride the old church was turned into a wedding wonderland. The food was amazing, with many vegetarian and vegan options. In truth, the only meat dish was salmon, which we eat, so we were in heaven! I was inspired by a very tasty kale salad so I will probably be making some kale later his week. With some good family connections, the band Poor Old Shine was able to play and we enjoyed the heat in DC while sipping mint lemonade and playing lawn games. It was so nice! And made all the sweeter by he fact it was in the 50s and raining at home in Boston.

Sunday, once the festivities wound down, we were able to meet up with one of my good friends from college and have a relaxing afternoon touring the "closed" monuments. It was so good to catch up with her and her husband! Tomorrow I'll be back to recipes but for today I hope you enjoy this recipe I've made and enjoyed from Lemons and Anchovies for fennel, beets, and squash. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment